The location functions for FileMaker Go 13 enable users with iOS devices to know where they are. But there's more to building rich, location-aware applications than just knowing where you are: location functions, calculating distance and direction, geocoding, location-based finds, integration with iOS navigation.
Jeremy Bante will present on these topics, as he embarks on a tour this week of West Coast FileMaker Developer groups:
- FileMaker Seattle, June 10, 2014.
- Santa Clara - DIG-FM, June 12, 2014
- Los Angeles - FMDiSC, June 13, 2014
- FileMaker Portland, July 9, 2014
Since the release of FileMaker 13 we have been exploring a new feature called “Perform Script on Server” (PSoS) and trust me there are many cool things you can do with it. I’m going to describe how PSoS works, how it’s best implemented, and how our tests show PSoS can drastically improve database performance, more than 100x in some situations. However, there are also a number of considerations before you run wild and convert scripts to execute via PSoS. So, I’ll cover these as well.
Here's info about the conference, examples of how we use d3 at Beezwax, and pointers to learning more about d3.js.
A new version of our free bBox FileMaker plug-in is now available.
Some of the changes in this release;
- now a fat 32/64 bit binary for FileMaker 13 Server support
- using latest version of libxml2 (version 2.9.1)
- namespaces can now be supplied to XPath
- several bugs fixed in handling of parameters with AppleScript